Data Engineer (m/f/d)
What we look for:
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Support data collection and preparation on client projects in conjunction with cross functional teams
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
What we require:
- Preferably Post-Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Preferably 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, Backend Engineer or similar
- Experience with relational databases, NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, Redshift, EMR, RDS etc. (Other cloud providers are a plus)
- Preferably experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar
- Experience in Django or similar web frameworks is a plus
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Passionate about emerging tools and best practices, which provides you with a good overview of tools and frameworks in the data engineering landscape (e.g. Airflow, Spark, Kafka, OLAP / OLTP / No-SQL etc.). Can reason about the system design with having data structure, data size, performance, costs and other KPIs in mind
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
What you can expect:
- Limitless opportunities for personal and professional development
- Variety of valuable experiences and insights into new digital business models and best practices across 8 different industries
- Responsibility for challenging and exciting projects and clients
- You can make a real difference in a fast-growing and international team
- Enjoy food and beverages, regular pizza days & team events
- Make a real difference and be a part of a growing, motivated and creative team directly collaborating with the founders/partners
OMMAX Digital Solutions is an international consulting company based in Munich, Hamburg and Berlin. Well-known brands, medium-sized companies and investors from various industries trust us as consultants for the development of digital strategies, the implementation of holistic, digital solutions as well as for digital transaction consulting.
The OMMAX team consists of more than 100 experts who are successfully working towards a common goal: to increase digital value creation for our customers. OMMAX offers an international scope of activity and individual work in the cross-divisional design of digital consulting. The cooperation of the different areas (SEO, SEA, Content, Social Media, WebDev, Business Intelligence, Project Management) plays an important role. You can expect versatile tasks and a large area of responsibility as well as a dynamic and successful team.
We seek highly analytical and creative thinkers who desire to be challenged and display an entrepreneurial spirit. OMMAX fosters an environment of extraordinarily talented, dynamic, and client-oriented people. Our company culture cultivates agile leaders and builders of the future - from their first day in the office, our employees work on highly complex digital projects.
We value the importance of both a cultural fit to the firm, and finding the right role for you to thrive.
We look forward to meeting you!
Phone: +49 89 2778 130