Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
What we look for:
- You are passionate about helping our clients on their individual data journey, ensuring their future business success
- You will consult our clients regarding modern data stacks and their specific needs in several business domains (e.g., e-commerce, healthcare, manufacturing)
- You will take a leading role in the requirements engineering and the development of the envisioned platforms. This will include (cloud) infrastructure, optimal loading from sources, transformation, as well as implementation of corresponding data use cases
- You enjoy interaction with clients and the collaboration with our analytics, tech, and domain experts as well as guiding more junior colleagues on their journey
What we require:
- Preferably degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field with excellent academic achievements
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, Backend Engineer or similar
- Experience with relational databases, NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with common cloud services and their infrastructure and data stack (e.g., AWS with EC2, S3, Redshift, Glue)
- Preferably experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi, and Fivetran
- Passionate about emerging tools and best practices, which provides you with a good overview of tools and frameworks in the data engineering landscape (e.g., Airflow, Spark, Kafka, OLAP / OLTP / No-SQL). You can reason about the system design with having data structure, data size, performance, costs and other KPIs in mind
- Fluent in English and German
What you can expect:
- Become part of a family-friendly company with flexible working hours and home office possibility, located in Munich, Berlin, Norderstedt and London
- You can make a real difference and be a part of a growing, motivated and creative team directly collaborating with the founders/partners
- Benefit from a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional growth and a great learning atmosphere
- Variety of valuable experiences and insights into new digital business models and best practices across 8 different industries
- Responsibility for challenging and exciting projects and clients in an international environment
- Enjoy food and beverages in the office, sport sessions & team events as well as other additional benefits
OMMAX Digital Solutions is an international consulting company based in Munich, Hamburg and Berlin. Well-known brands, medium-sized companies and investors from various industries trust us as consultants for the development of digital strategies, the implementation of holistic, digital solutions as well as for digital transaction consulting.
The OMMAX team consists of more than 100 experts who are successfully working towards a common goal: to increase digital value creation for our customers. OMMAX offers an international scope of activity and individual work in the cross-divisional design of digital consulting. The cooperation of the different areas (SEO, SEA, Content, Social Media, WebDev, Business Intelligence, Project Management) plays an important role. You can expect versatile tasks and a large area of responsibility as well as a dynamic and successful team.
We seek highly analytical and creative thinkers who desire to be challenged and display an entrepreneurial spirit. OMMAX fosters an environment of extraordinarily talented, dynamic, and client-oriented people. Our company culture cultivates agile leaders and builders of the future - from their first day in the office, our employees work on highly complex digital projects.
We value the importance of both a cultural fit to the firm, and finding the right role for you to thrive.
We look forward to meeting you!
Phone: +49 89 2778 130