2 Minutes Read By Dr. Stefan Sambol

OMMAX Advised Bencis on the Successful Acquisition of Höfer Chemie

#Transaction Advisory#Commercial Due Diligence#Digital Due Diligence#Technical Due Diligence#Private Equities & Investors
Scientist with a Petri dish

Höfer Chemie is a strongly growing online D2C household specialty chemicals brand, especially in Germany and France. Over the last years, Höfer Chemie grew consistently and profitably as it caters with its portfolio to the increasing demand for high-quality, consumable products for swimming pools, fireplaces and (technical) cleaning.

OMMAX advised Bencis with a commercial-, logistics, digital- and tech due diligence, analyzing market dynamics, digital capabilities and customer economics. A thorough benchmarking exercise against key competitors illustrated Höfer Chemie’s high degree of effectiveness in online marketing across channels and a highly optimized customer experience on marketplaces such as Amazon.

We very much enjoyed working with Bencis and the management of Höfer Chemie throughout the due diligence process. Höfer Chemie has shown a very good trajectory of organic growth in recent years with strong customer retention and economics driven by an constantly expanding product portfolio and favorable market trends. Going forward, the company will benefit from rising e-commerce penetration and its competence in digital marketing channels.

Dr. Stefan Sambol, Partner at OMMAX

ABOUT Bencis

Bencis is an independent investment company that was founded in 1999 by Zoran van Gessel and Jeroen Pit. Bencis supports business owners and management teams in achieving their growth ambitions. The investment focus has been on strong, successful businesses in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium for over 20 years. Experience and expertise in sectors such as industry and manufacturing, healthcare and leisure as well as wholesale and retail enables them to add true value. Bencis is currently invested in 30 businesses with a combined turnover of approximately 1.8 billion euros employing a total of 9,500 people. Bencis prefers to invest in businesses with an operating result of up to 50 million euros.

ABOUT Höfer Chemie

Höfer Chemie, founded in 1972 and headquartered in Kleinblittersdorf, is a Germany-based D2C e-commerce company focusing on producing and distributing household specialty chemicals as a vertically integrated player. The company sells pool chemicals, combustibles, and technical chemicals through their own web shop, Amazon and other marketplaces. With its 45+ employees, Höfer Chemie has built up a unique market positioning and strong brand reputation for high-quality chemicals, reflected in a high share of repeat customers with strong customer economics.

For more information, please visit: https://hoefer-chemie.de/

Contact an expert

Do you want to know more about our experience in transaction advisory? Get in touch!

Back view of business woman sitting at panoramic skyscraper office

Industry Insights

Ready for Exit: How to Tell Your Equity Story

The exit is the final and most crucial step in the deal lifecycle. How can a consistent equity story be built up in the course of a vendor due [...]

Sailing regatta

Industry Insights

E-Commerce for Luxury Brands – Best Practices

What is standard in e-commerce, often does not apply to luxury brands. Nevertheless, these companies must arrive in the digital age. Here is why and [...]

Two businessmen shaking hands in an office

Industry Insights

The Important Role of Digital Advisory Boards

Digitization must be a top priority. But most business leaders can't be up-to-date on tech trends all the time. This is where digital advisory boards [...]

Two men writing on paper

Industry Insights

4 Steps Toward Content Performance

More than 90 % of all pages get no organic traffic at all from Google. Here is how to push your content into the other 10 percent.

Woman and man enjoying a stroll

Case Studies

The Median Case

MEDIAN is the biggest private operator of rehabilitation facilities in Germany with an outstanding reputation. The group operates 122 rehab clinics, [...]

MG Motor cars

Case Studies

The MG Motor Case

OMMAX assisted MG Motor with their launch into the German market by establishing a digital go-to-market and lead-generation strategy and implementing [...]

Coding on laptop

Case Studies

The Datenschutzexperte Case

As an external data protection officer, they advise customers with digital data protection concepts and support them in the secure implementation of [...]

Water in hands

Case Studies

The CWS Case

Future winners think about marketing/sales optimization and growth in new ways, actively pursuing multiple digital transformation dimensions. Here is [...]

Sign Up for the Newsletter

Development and Execution of a Customized Digital Growth Strategy