Pivotal Changes and the Future of E-commerce
As the digital revolution continues to spin, e-commerce continues to provide more intelligent services and applications. Digital disruptors like cryptocurrency have changed traditional approaches, while the industry’s societal impact has established high standards for customer service and accessibility.
While the modern forms of e-commerce thrive, traditional forms remain vibrant within the industry, proving to be more resilient throughout economic recessions. Leaders are acknowledging the industry’s extensive adaptability by focusing on social media, on-demand services, and digital platforms. The efficient implementation of those platforms relies heavily on big data for profitable results, but e-commerce firms willing to introduce big data analytics can expect 5-6% higher productivity than their competitors.1
As the industry continues to drive forward, many companies still do not provide e-commerce to their customers. In fact, 80% of manufacturers and distributors continue to manage orders by hand.2 The lack of transition could be a result of uncertainty, as 77% of B2B purchasers say purchasing has become overly complicated.3 But the open market leaves a substantial opportunity for e-commerce firms, along with manufacturers and distributors willing to make the transition.
- Lack of e-commerce solutions means that many customers are not reached and therefore struggle to understand how products could help them reach their life goals, limiting global purchase rates
- Many companies do not utilize the full power of e-commerce to reach new clients across a variety of marketing channels and expand the reach of their sales activitiy
- E-commerce digital transformation is often regarded as too expensive to implement, thus firms overlook digital execution opportunities to affordably rollout e-commerce solutions that are scalable and efficient
- Failure to implement new market measures, or provide e-commerce at all, causes difficulties throughout the recruiting process
- Firms struggle to utilize data efficiently, preventing societal understanding and market development within an increasingly intelligent industry
Multi-channel opportunities by connecting ecommerce, retail stores, drive sales, and loyalty
Beyond ecommerce offering in terms of innovation through, e.g., IoT equipped hardware and additional value add services for users (e.g., for tennis)
Focus on digital “mobile” first to attract younger target groups (e.g., shoppable app concepts)
Strong community approach and community building objective to dominate the user’s ecosystem and provide value-added services
Implementation of customer centricity along the whole lifecycle of a customer and increase penetration and customer lifetime value
Focus On Building Trust
Increase customer confidence and loyalty through website and digital channel optimization that eases logistical structures
Harness Effortless Purchase
Harness customer value and impact by orienting structure around the positive impact of an effortless purchase
We help e-commerce leaders meet competitive worldwide demands. Our industry knowledge and research on both consumer and online data help establish our clientele at the forefront of industry expectations. We want to help our clientele establish themselves through ground-breaking procedures across all e-commerce touchpoints.
Our international team has assisted >2,000 realized projects in digital strategy, digital operational excellence, data science, and transaction advisory services. With a team that speaks over 25 languages, and a 50% female-male ratio, we ensure both effective communication and representation throughout the advisory process.
TISSO Naturprodukte specializes in the development and production of high-quality natural nutritional supplements. Founded in 1999, TISSO's range currently includes around 40 formulations, which are produced on-site in Germany and distributed internationally. OMMAX developed and implemented an omnichannel digitalization strategy for TISSO, including an evolved market positioning and branding strategy with a new company identity (CI), logo, packaging, and website; as well as providing continuous strategy, digital marketing, and web development support to ensure long-term success.
As an innovative and premium brand for hairstyling products, ghd seeks to provide their customers with an at-home hair salon experience with high-quality hairstyling tools, in particular blow dryers and styling irons. Read the full case study to discover how OMMAX supports ghd in scaling their digital marketing and sales performance.
To increase their digital value in the U.S., European and Middle Eastern Markets, MDO, teamed up with OMMAX to develop and execute an omni-channel strategy. OMMAX has supported MDO with a go-to-market strategy, an e-commerce relaunch, lead generation and CRM, with the overriding goal of establishing the company internationally.
- +343% monthly B2C revenue growth YoY
- +569% e-commerce conversion rate uplift in the core market within 12 months
- +45% paid advertising click-through-rate increase within 12 months
Future winners think about marketing/sales optimization and growth in new ways, actively pursuing multiple digital transformation dimensions. Here is how, by integrating its business and technology strategy with the right partner, CWS built future growth for more than 10,000 employees and a 2019 revenue above €1,180 million!
- >4.5 billion € total revenue
- >10,000 employees
- >1.180 million € revenue in 2019
Since its founding in 1992 in the UK, Waterlogic has been a leading innovator, manufacturer and global distributor of point-of-use (POU) water purification systems to business enterprises including offices, factories, hospitals, hotels, schools and restaurants in over 50 countries around the world.
- OMMAX supported the Waterlogic’s global digital transformation roll out to 16 markets between 2015 and 2019
- The setup and execution of the digital lead generation strategy resulted in 100k valuable leads generated throughout digital channels since 2016
- Digital initiatives resulted in 10x ROI for Waterlogic and 75 million € customer lifetime value
The Corona pandemic has shown that a strong online presence is very important for sales departments nowadays. But how can they succeed in the digital age?Read more